When it comes to fitness, I can say i’ve tried the whole “Protein” diet, from bland meat and veg to ‘who knows what’s in it’ shakes. If you’re a fitness enthusiast, you know the game is a complete mine field of – WHAT DO I DO TO GET LEAN?! Am I bulking, shredding, cardioing, HIITing?? and the one thing you do need to get right other than that, is your diet. Hands down diet is the headache we all face when we are hitting the gym before/after working a 9-5. Getting your 5-a-day, protein, carbs and veg in 3 meals is just not as easy as we’d like it to be.
I’m long over the convenient protein shake hype, which for me was pretty short lived. Mainly down to the fact I cannot put my body through drinking something that tastes/looks/feels so unnatural….
Over the last few years I’ve toyed with cutting meat out of my diet, and without going in to why, I knew I would face the problems around my protein intake. As someone who believes a healthy body is built from a balanced diet, I started to wonder what on earth I could do to fill the gap. A breakfast full of sugar and a bland-time consuming-lunch, isn’t my idea of exciting.
At the end of last year I came across HUEL, and i’m so grateful to have discovered a company who have gone above and beyond sourcing a product that is a easy as powder and water, made from foods enriched with everything I need for a balanced diet, and that is completely VEGAN friendly. Yes, I said the V word, but if you’re like me, I am looking for a way to gain and maintain my body, guilt free!!
So here’s my take on Huel:
- Huel can be used for breakfast and/or Lunch and dinner. I am fixated on Huel for breakfast/Brunch. No more decision making on what not to have for breakfast or skipping.
- You can gain weight or lose weight using Huel. I stay at the steady average mark but will increase when I exercise. See the main ingredients below* and click here for the Huel consumption guide.
- All you need is water! Although I cannot get enough of using coconut water. It’s unreal.
- Huel tastes great on it’s own. There are optional sweeteners to boost flavour, which do taste great (in small doses), but I am so pleased with the taste of the Vanilla Blend that I have only tried the sweetener once! Gone are the days of forcing down a shake. See Flavouring options below **
- Huel is affordable, ethical and environmentally friendly. See Huel’s story and info on the link here ->> HUEL STORY
- The Protein bars a delicious and I live in my Huel T-shirt. Check out Huel Products and get the look!
Huel contains a carefully chosen blend of Oats, Pea Protein, Flaxseed, Brown Rice Protein, MCTs from Coconut, Sunflower Lecithin, a bespoke Vitamin and Mineral Blend, Vanilla Flavour and a Sweetener. Gluten free Huel is available too!
These are designed to work with Huel Vanilla, Huel Original and our Unflavoured & Unsweetened version. Huel comes in three flavours Vanilla, Original (an oaty, light vanilla taste) and Unflavoured & Unsweetened so you can add your own flavour and sweetener. Huel has developed a range of ten powdered flavours – Caramel, Strawberry, Chocolate, Banana, Matcha Tea, Cacao, Pineapple & Coconut, Mocha, Toffee, Rhubarb and Custard.
Huel Recipes –> CLICK HERE FOR RECIPES